One of the first things we recommend doing when getting started with BuildBook is to invite your team into your account. This is what we call your Pro Team, which most often consists of internal staff and/or people within your company that have a role in every project. There are two types of Pro Team users in BuildBook:
- Pro Team Owner: the person who set up the company's BuildBook account and has full ownership of the Pro Team.
- Pro Team Member: anyone invited by the Pro Team Owner to join the internal company team, and has access to all of the team's projects.
What's important to know is that Pro Team members are invited at an account level, whereas individual project participants (i.e. clients, sub-contractors, designers, etc.) are invited at a project level.
Inviting your team
- Navigate to your Account Settings
- In the Pro Team Members section, click on 'Add & Manage Members'
- Click on the orange '+ Add Member' link.
- Enter the email address of the first member you'd like to invite. Note: after a valid email address is recognized, an additional inbox box will appear to add more members.
- Once all members have been added, click on the orange 'Done' text in the top right.
- On the confirmation screen, click 'Add Member(s)' to complete the step.
Once that's done, BuildBook will email the member with a link to join the team.
Managing your team
From within your Pro Team Members page, located in your Account Settings, you'll be able to see and manage all of the Pro Team Members in your account.
Resend email invite - If a team member has lost or can't find the invitation to join your team, you can easily resend them the invite by clicking on this link.
Removing a team member - To remove a Pro Team Member from your account, you can simply deactivate their membership using the toggle switch to the right of the members name. After toggling the switch to the off position, you'll need to click 'save' before the change takes effect.