We want to make using BuildBook as easy and delightful as possible. This post will help you hit the ground running as soon as you've downloaded our app.
To get started, just open the app and tap on the big orange plus button on your home screen. That'll let you create a new project. All you need to do is enter the following:
- Project Type: select from new home build, kitchen, bath, or other renovation.
- Address: type in the project’s address.
- Project Name: we default this to the street address, but you can change it to whatever works best for you and the project members.
- Clients: enter your client’s email addresses. They’ll get an email asking them to join the project. Don’t worry, they won’t be charged anything.
- Collaborators: this includes anyone outside your company working on the project - subs, designers, architects, etc. Note: if you want to add your own employees to your account, go to Account Settings > Users + Invites.
Once your project is all set up, you’re ready to begin providing updates, sharing photo inspiration, storing documents, and tracking open issues and decisions. Just tap the big orange plus button inside the project and post away.
In your first post, be sure to remind everyone why you’re using BuildBook: to keep all your communication in one place and to make it easy to find important information during the project.