Projects are similar to a folder in BuildBook. Each project you create serves the role of helping you keep all of the decisions, documents, pictures, etc. from each of your jobs, organized and easy to find.
Creating a new project in your BuildBook account is simple. Just follow the steps below and you'll be up and running in no time.
Creating a project
- Navigate to the "Projects & Collections" screen in your account and chose the "+ Create new project" button.
- Give your new project a name. You'll want to chose a name that will make it easy to identify later. (e.g. "Tillman Residence"). Note: this step is required, but you can always update the project name later in your project settings.
- Enter the location of your new project, including street address, city, state, and zip code. After that, click "next". Note: this step is optional, and you can always update it later in your project settings.
- Next you'll be prompted to create and name your first project group. Note: Every project must include at least one group. Each group can include its own project members, such as your internal team, clients, sub-contractors, etc. Once your project is created, you'll be able to create additional groups to keep conversations between different participants separated.
- After giving your group a name, click "next". Congrats — your project is now created!
- Now it's time to invite some members to your project.
Watch It In Action
Editing a project
Each project in BuildBook includes its own project settings. To access these settings you'll need to first navigate to the "Projects & Collections" screen and find the project you'd like to edit. In the far right corner of the project card, you'll want to click on the three vertical dots to access and change your settings as described below:
Changing project name or address
- From your Project Settings screen, click on the "Details" option.
- Make any needed changes in the inputs boxes for each field.
- Click "save" when you're done.
Change the project owner
- From your Project Settings screen, click on the "Change Project Owner" option.
- Select the new owner from the list provided.
- Click "save" when you're done.
Note: The list will only include team members that you've invited into your BuildBook account.
Close a project after it's been completed
- From your Project Settings screen, click on the "Close Project" option.
- A confirmation screen will appear asking you to confirm before the project is closed.
- Click either "No, Go Back" or "Yes, Close It" to finish.
Note: Closing a project, does not delete the project or any content inside of it. After closing a project, you'll still be able to view everything as read-only. You also have the option to reopen a project at any time.
Removing a project from your account
- From your Project Settings screen, click on the "Delete Project" option.
- A confirmation screen will appear asking you to confirm your request before the project is permanently removed.
- To confirm, check the box that says, "Yes, I understand" and click "Permanently Delete this Project" to finish.
- To exit the confirmation screen without deleting the project, click on the "No, don't delete it" link below the box.
Warning: Once you permanently delete a project from your account, you will no longer have access to any of the content or groups from that project.